Sunday 6 January 2013

Charles Fudgemuffin's New Year's resolutions

Charles Fudgemuffin's plans for 2013.


Start a band. A cool New Year's resolution.
A few days ago I posted a list of the top ten most popular New Year’s Resolutions, and also included a few amusing resolutions I stumbled across while doing my research. To carry on the New Year theme, I thought I would post my own New Year’s Resolutions for the coming year.

Before I do though, here are a few more cool noteworthy New Year’s Resolutions I came across while compiling the top ten for my previous post:

1) "Take a picture of myself every day for a year and post a time lapse video on YouTube."

This is a cool idea which I’m tempted to do myself (not for YouTube, just for my own entertainment). It would probably be cooler though if you had just got a puppy or a kitten, then when you watched the finished video you would be able to see it growing before your eyes.


2) "Start a band."

I would definitely recommend this resolution to anyone who loves music. It can involve a fair amount of work to get a band up and running, but once the ball is rolling it’s a total buzz to record your own songs and to play live to an enthusiastic audience.


3) "Stroke a giraffe."

This is a cool resolution, not because I personally want to specifically stroke a giraffe, but because it's something a bit different and it's always cool to experience new things. I reckon more people should include at least one original New Year's resolution on their list, in addition to all the usual predictable resolutions which crop up.


4) "Decorate."

Just joking. This popped up in a few lists I found, but it isn’t a cool resolution. Although each to their own. Personally though, I think I’ll be giving this one a miss.


Perhaps the weirdest resolution I found was:

5) "Sit down more."

Oh, right. That old favourite. “I resolve to change my life for the good by … sitting down more often!” Eh? Bit of a weird one, if you ask me. Presumably there must have been some logical explanation behind it, but I'm not sure what it was.


Anyway, on to my own New Year's Resolutions. Someone on my Charles Fudgemuffin facebook page remarked recently that a New Year's Resolution is a ‘to do’ list for the first week of January, which I thought was an astute observation in many cases, but I'm confident that I'll keep my own resolutions going throughout the year.

1) Publish more books.


My first New Year’s resolution is to publish my next two books. This is a resolution which I’m well on the way to fulfilling as the books are already written and I’m just in the process of formatting the books ready for Amazon. Hopefully I’ll get it all finished in the next couple of weeks.

I’ve only sold approximately thirty copies so far of my first book, but it’s thirty copies more than I expected to sell! So even if I only sell a few copies of my follow-up books, it’s still a really exciting feeling to know that your book is out there for people to read.



Growing your own food.
One cool hobby that I definitely recommend.

2) Spread the word on cool stuff.


My second resolution is to be more vocal in recommending cool stuff to my mates and other people I know. I’ve already started doing this online, but I also intend to be more pro-active in promoting cool stuff in real life as well.

When you recommend something excellent to someone you know, it’s a cool buzz when they see you the next time and they’re full of enthusiasm for whatever it was you recommended, and as an added bonus it also often leads to other people recommending stuff to you in return so you often get to discover cool new stuff yourself.



3) Continue to work on my blogs.


As well as this Charles Fudgemuffin blog, I also run a few other blogs. I run six blogs in total and each month the page views are steadily growing for each blog, so I plan to continue to update my blogs and hopefully the page views will continue to grow.

- - - - - - - - - -

As I mentioned in my previous post, most resolutions will be broken within a month, so congratulations if you manage to last for more than a month with your own New Year’s resolutions.

- - - - - - - - - -

'Never Work With Children Or Animals ... Or Psychopathic Violent Criminals'. That's not a resolution, by the way. It's the title of one of my crime themed short stories. Although the part about not working with psychopathic violent criminals is definitely good advice!




Other recent posts:
Top ten New Year's resolutions
Santa Claus arrives on the roof on Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment