Sunday 17 November 2013

Three YouTube videos that made me smile

It's always good to smile.


Smile!
(Sketch by Jenny Ellis)
I recently published the final book in my scifi series of books, and at the end of the book, I make the point that we often associate being a nice person with people who dedicate their life to feeding starving people and stuff like that.

Examples like that are obviously excellent, but for the rest of us who can't make such a massive sacrifice, you don't have to go to such extreme measures as dedicating your entire life towards helping the poor. You can still be a nice person just by doing simple stuff like telling other people about cool stuff which makes you happy.

It's always good to smile so I make the point that even if it's just a cool video on YouTube which makes you smile, then it's still a worthwhile deed to tell other people about it.

So to ensure I'm not a hypocrite, here are a few cool YouTube videos which I like...

1) Random Acts Of Kindness


This first one is a really cool music video which demonstrates the power of random acts of kindness and the way small gestures can make a big difference. It's such a simple video but after watching it, it made me want to go out and do some random acts of kindness myself.

I probably won't though, obviously. I'll probably just forget about the video within a few minutes and carry on being my usual normal self-orientated self. However, at least it had a positive effect on me for a few minutes.

Anyway, I know this isn't a very macho thing to say, but it would be totally excellent to live in a world like the world in this music video.






2) Magic Beard


This next video must have taken absolutely loads of time and effort to produce but the final effect is really cool. It's a dude demonstrating various tricks with his magic beard via the power of stop frame animation.






3) Chloe saying 'bye' at the Copley Place Mall


When I was a kid I remember that whenever we went on a long car journey me and my cousin used to like waving at random strangers in other cars to see if we could get them to wave back. For some reason it was always really exciting when someone would wave back, but it shows how simple acts of friendliness can amuse a kid.

This is a video along those lines which shows a cute little kid waving at people at the mall and in today's age of Playstations and expensive computers, it's nice to remind yourself that some kids can still be entertained by simple things like friendly gestures.




If anyone else has got anymore YouTube videos to make you smile then feel free to leave a comment. Please note, if anyone just posts a spammy link to a totally irrelevant non-smiley video then I'll just delete your comment obviously. I'll also possibly mock your video (but in a good natured way).




Other recent posts:
10 more nerd jokes
Weird forums found on the web

No comments:

Post a Comment