Another batch of silly football quotes to celebrate the end of the season.
|"Hooray!" The crowd celebrates the news that more funny|
football quotes are to appear on the Charles Fudgemuffin blog.
1) “West Brom have won a few late points. Do those points help or hinder them? I think they help them.”
2) “It's Ipswich 0 Liverpool 2, and if that's the way the score stays then you've got to fancy Liverpool to win.”
3) “The one thing that Cristiano Ronaldo has is pace, quick feet and a great eye for goal.”
…Chris Waddle (I think that's three things, Chris)
4) “Ireland will give 99% … everything they’ve got!”
5) “He's one of those footballers whose brains are in his head.”
6) “I can count on the fingers of one hand ten games where we’ve caused our own downfall.”
…The twenty fingered Joe Kinnear
7) “And Brighton have beaten Southampton 4-2 which is exactly the same result as last year when they won 3-1.”
8) “Our poll has been unanimous so far: 81% of you think Loic Remy should go to Arsenal ahead of Chelsea.”
…Sky Sports News on twitter
|Sick as a parr..., er, donkey.|
10) “So this movie you star in, ‘The Life Story Of George Best’, tell us what it’s about.”
11) “Ji-Sung Park is probably not as young as he was when he arrived at Old Trafford all those years ago.”
…Ray Houghton demonstrates a strong understanding of the ageing process.
12) “Everyone who wants to win it has to finish above Chelsea, for me.”
13) “The only way you are going to win games is by winning.”
14) “And the score is nil-nil, just as it was at the beginning of the game.”
15) “Can you believe it? James Beattie's hit it on the 18-yard line … 22 yards out!”
. . . . . . . .
'Dilly Ding! Dilly Dong! The Leicester City 2015-16 Premier League Story (Told In Quotes)' is available for kindle from Amazon priced at £1.99/$2.99.
From pizza to champagne, from Jamie Vardy having a party to Gary Lineker’s undies, 'Dilly Ding! Dilly Dong!' is the story of the most incredible season in the history of English football, told in quotes by the players, managers, pundits and fans.
Buy 'Dilly Ding! Dilly Dong!' for kindle
. . . . . . . .
More funny football quotes:
Funny Football Quotes (Part 4)
Funny Football Quotes (Part 5)
Funny Football Quotes (Part 6)